I have the following qualifications:
BA Honours Degree & Diploma in Social Work – Dissertation: “The Impact of Childhood Sexual Abuse into Adulthood”
National Family Mediation Service Certification
CPCAB Counselling Skills Level 2
CPCAB Counselling Theory Level 3
CPCAB Diploma in Therapeutic Person Centered Counselling
Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy
Quantum Touch- Energy Healing Certification & Releasing Trapped Emotions
NLP & Coaching Certificate via International Association of Neruro Linguistic Programming and Coaching
Emotional Freedom Technique Certification- Advanced EFT Practitioner
Hypnosis CPD- Regression, Anxiety & Talking in Metaphors
The main body that oversees the registration and accreditation of counsellors and psychotherapists is the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy (BACP).
As a professional counsellor I am a registered member of the BACP and work within their ethical framework. As such I am bound by a code of conduct to provide a safe service to everybody I work with. For further information there is a link to the BACP here: www.bacp.co.uk
Since 1998 I have worked continuously with individuals and families experiencing difficulties via:
- Birmingham City Council Children & Family teams
- Barnardo’s Sexual Exploitation team
- Youth Offending Services
- Schools & Colleges in the West Midlands
- Fostering services
- Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS)
- MIND the national mental health based service.
- A Way forward Foundation working with ex -offenders being rehabilitated back into the community.
- Salvation Army Family Contact Centre providing therapeutic support to separated parents and young people.
- Cedar Counselling Services which is a community based service for generic family, health and work based issues.
Post Graduate Training:
- Domestic Violence & PTSD – via Cedar Counselling Services Birmingham
- Ego States-Working with the child inside the adult-via Cedar Counselling Services Birmingham
- Sandplay– Enabling children to communicate feelings and emotions through Sandplay- via The Centre for Child Mental Health in London
- Quantum Touch (Healing Therapy) Certificate – via Hijama plus Birmingham
- Counselling ex- offenders in a community context- via A Way Forward Foundation Birmingham
- Attachment -Training via Birmingham City Council and Coleshill Counselling Training
- Bowlby, Erikson, Cognitive Behavioural Therapy and Person Centred Theories in Practice- via Coleshill Counselling Training
- SMAT DRUG -training via Aquarius
- Understanding Autism- Training Workshop by Autism West Midlands
- Forced Marriages and Honour Based Violence- Training Program by Muslim Womens Network UK
- Triple P Parenting- Training for Professionals Muath Centre Birmingham
- Preventing Violent Extremism-via the Channel Project Training London
- Safeguarding Training – via Birmingham City Council
- Providing Telephone, Livechat and Email Counselling, Support, Information and Advice for Foster Carers- Training via Fosterline Bromsgrove
- Working with Seperated Families Therapeutically -Hearing the voice of the child- via The Children and Family Court Advisory Support Service (CAFCASS) Coventry
- Child Sexual Exploitation Awareness & Preventing Female Genital Mutilation