Why Seek Out Counselling?
Often it is our close personal relationships that cause us the most heartache. Living with families can be the most beautiful or challenging thing in the world depending on our individual situations. It is often troubled relationships with ourselves and others that lead us to seeking therapy.
There are many issues that impact on our daily lives and can make things harder to manage. These could be anxiety about work, financial issues, difficult friendships, or simply because we are feeling low in mood and are in need of some personal care and attention. Whatever your reasons are, don’t be afraid to ask for help and support. Read below for my mission statement to understand my values, and ethics in practice.
My mission is to provide a high quality, empathic service with a warm smile and a listening ear. To encourage personal growth and development of all individuals who come to me for support. I promote autonomy and value diversity with regard to both personal characteristics and backgrounds. I do this in the service of enabling individuals, couples and young people to benefit from and maximize their potential in life. Through therapy, those who seek my support may come to appreciate the uniqueness of their personalities and discover new ways to develop themselves. I have seen how many people make personal progress through the therapeutic process and enrich their lives through open and honest self -reflection, increased self -awareness and a willingness to become the best version of themselves.
• A safe space where your voice will be heard.
• A compassionate and confidential atmosphere to discuss personal concerns.
• Specialized therapeutic assistance to those who are encountering adjustment problems or who are experiencing psychological and emotional distress.
• My services extend to all age groups from children to adults and for couples from all backgrounds, cultures and walks of life.
• My therapeutic services are delivered face to face in South Birmingham, and via Skype and telephone nationally.
• I have a passion to help and commitment to my clients’ well-being.
• I promote self-care and balance in life.
• I encourage being open, honest and flexible in my efforts with clients.
• I offer integrity in all actions.
• I offer a collaborative way of working, building trust and confidence between client and therapist
• The unique strengths and challenges of my clients, whilst working to enhance life skills, coping strategies, and interpersonal relationships.
• I actively integrate multiculturalism into the daily operating structure of my agency. I value and appreciate each person I work with and treat them with dignity and respect.
• I promote a philosophy of compassion and acceptance to support those I serve and provide an emotionally safe and respectful environment. I support clients from all backgrounds including gender, age, race, culture, faith, sexual orientation and physical / mental ability. In so doing, I aim to provide services that encourage the development and behaviours necessary for success in the complex world we live in today.